Sunday, May 29, 2011

Flotsam

Flotsam
David Wiesner (2006)


Flotsam is another wordless picture book, and may be my favorite one yet!  I was introduced to this book in our summer reading class.  This book, in my opinion, chronicles the history of an underwater camera!  The illustrations are absolutely beautiful! I looked through this book three times, and in each and every picture I found something different than before!  The illustrations are of photographs with-in photographs, and zooms into a different picture every time!  I really enjoyed this book and it can be used in so many ways!  I would have this book in my classroom, and lessons about writing and creating a story, drawing your own zoomed in pictures, introductory lessons about science/the ocean, etc, can be stemmed from this book!  This is a quality piece of literature because the pictures are in sequential order, the "story" makes sense, and it contains very interesting content for the reader! I really think this book can be used in grades K-8. I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment