Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's Snowing! It's Snowing!

It's Snowing! It's Snowing!
Jack Prelutsky (2006)

I used the book It's Snowing! It's Snowing! in my text set as well.  I was first introduced to Jack Prelutsky in class and was super excited when I found out he wrote a poem book about winter and snow!! I want everyone to know about this as well, because this is also another simple book with poems ALL ABOUT winter and snow! I liked how easy it was that all of these poems about winter and snow were found in one book! AND that they are written by Jack Prelutsky! This book has fun poems that children can read and also models how to write poems! This would be fun to use during the winter: students can create their own poems about winter and snow! Then they could share their poems with each other during a poetry reading.  This book provides teachers ideas with how to teach students about snow/winter and how to write poems and/or stories about it!  This is a good resource that teachers should also have in their classroom, if they are looking for ideas to expose their children to quality and different literature about snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment